Charities & Community Groups
Frequently asked questions about your Localgiving charity account.
- How do I register my charity or community group with Localgiving?
- Is my charity or community group eligible to join Localgiving?
- My group isn’t registered with the Charity Commission, can we join Localgiving?
- Are statutory bodies, like schools, eligible to join Localgiving?
- I have completed my page but it isn’t online yet.
- I have a Building Society account, can I join Localgiving?
- Can I volunteer through more than one opportunity?
- Once I have signed up as a volunteer what are the next steps?
- Why should people consider volunteering at this time?
- Why is Localgiving a good platform to manage volunteering opportunities?
- How do I choose which volunteering platform to use?
- Why is digital important during the current pandemic?
Your Localgiving Account
Project and Appeal Pages
Registration and Validation
- Why do we validate groups on Localgiving?
- What does the validation process involve?
- Validation for registered charities
- Validation process for unregistered charities
- More information on the documents required from unregistered groups for validation
- Who should our signatories be?
Donations & Payments
- How can I thank a donor?
- How long does it take to receive payments?
- Where can I see information about donations to my group?
- Where can I see information about our supporters?
- How do I change our charity bank account details?
- How do I download a report of my donations?
Your Localgiving page
- Top tips to increase donations through your Localgiving page
- Can I link my external website to my Localgiving page?
- How do I make changes to my Localgiving page?
- My Localgiving page is showing “Donation not possible”
- How can I delete a photo from my Localgiving page?
- What can I do with my unique Localgiving URL?
- What is Gift Aid?
- How is Gift Aid Collected?
- Do we need to give you our HMRC charities reference?
- We haven’t received a Gift Aid payment.
- A supporter has forgotten to claim Gift Aid.
- Are all donations eligible for Gift Aid?
- How do our supporters create a Localgiving fundraising page?
- How do we know if somebody has set up a fundraising page for us?
- A fundraiser needs help setting up their page.
- When will my charity receive funds raised through a fundraising page?
- Supporters aren't able to set up a fundraising page for our group.
- Can you provide any legal guidance on the running of public events?
Membership through our partners
- What is the eligibility criteria to join through a partner offer?
- Can I join through a membership and take part in your match fund campaigns?
- What happens after my first year membership is over?
- My organisation used to be a member of Localgiving, but we’re not anymore. Can we benefit from the partner offer?
- How do I use the promo code to join?
- I am an existing member of Localgiving, can I claim the partner offer?
Magic Little Grants
- What types of projects are eligible to receive funding?
- How do I apply if I am not a member of Localgiving?
- How do I apply if I am a member of Localgiving?
- How long will the application take?
- When will I be expected to complete monitoring on the use of funding?
- When do I need to spend the funding by?